Saturday, October 10, 2015

1 Samuel 29

“But what have I done?” asked David. “What have you found against your servant from the day I came to you until now? Why can’t I go and fight against the enemies of my lord the king?” Achish answered, “I know that you have been as pleasing in my eyes as an angel of God; nevertheless, the Philistine commanders have said, ‘He must not go up with us into battle.’ " vv.8-9

Read chapter 29
How quickly David's "new" people despise him.  David first flees from Saul and all Israel and joins the Philistines who are Israel's enemies and now the Philistines are wanting to get rid of him too.  How hard it can be to not be wanted by anybody neither your family or who you thought were your friends.  But is it that we're choosing our friends wisely or are we choosing enemies of our family or past friendships just to spite them?  Yet this also wasn't some scheme of David against the Philistines,  he may not have trusted in God and looked to them for protection but he also served them as if he was serving God.  As 1 Thess. 4:12 says that by your good conduct you may win others to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment