Saturday, November 7, 2015

1 Kings 3

"At Gibeon the Lord appeared to Solomon in a dream by night; and God said, “Ask! What shall I give you...Therefore give to Your servant an understanding heart to judge Your people, that I may discern between good and evil. For who is able to judge this great people of Yours?” v.5,9

Read chapter 3
Don't you wish God would ask you this?  If He just appeared and said in a clear voice "Ask!  What shall I give you?"  How more likely people would ask for riches, fame or material things, but Solomon asks for discerment between good and evil. This pleased the Lord so much that God gave him riches and fame too.  This wasn't just book wisdom but Divine wisdom.  Wisdom without having studied or base on his own experience.  This wisdom that Solomon was given so superseded the wisdom of the world that people came from afar to hear him.  Oh how often I wish I had this gift especially when I can't make a decision or can't discern well or just want the Lord's will so badly.  The cool thing we have though today is God's word that is living and active and has answers to all things in life.  I know sometimes I just want something written in the sky that says, "Nicole marry so and so," but through prayer and His word He will direct us.  James 1:5 says, "If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him."  So what would you ask for if God asked you this question today?  What kind of wisdom or discernment are you looking for today in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment