Saturday, July 23, 2016

Ezekiel 38

"You will come up against My people Israel like a cloud, to cover the land. It will be in the latter days that I will bring you against My land, so that the nations may know Me, when I am hallowed in you, O Gog, before their eyes...For in My jealousy and in the fire of My wrath I have spoken: ‘Surely in that day there shall be a great earthquake in the land of Israel, so that the fish of the sea, the birds of the heavens, the beasts of the field, all creeping things that creep on the earth, and all men who are on the face of the earth shall shake at My presence.   v.17, 19-20


Read chapter 38
Gog and Magog, sounds like lands from Lord of the Rings.    We read of these two cities in Revelation 20:7-9 when Satan has his little rebellious years after being bound up during the 1,000 year reign of Christ.   Gog is not a good city or person, when you hear of its name it always is of evil.  We don't read of Gog before this chapter in Ezekiel or by any other prophet.  We have to realize that we're dealing with something here in this chapter that takes place in the "latter days" mentioned here in verse seventeen.  We read of various great earthquakes throughout Revelation, a time when earthquakes had stopped for hundreds of years but then start again.  I cannot make an interpretation of most of this but that this is a prophesy of a time yet to come.  Yet how cool to notice that in God's wrath and judgment it will cause people to see that He is Great and Holy.  How cool that not just Israel, but all men, all animals will tremble at God's presence.  Isn't crazy to think that even after living with God for 1,000 years we will still tremble at His presence in awe and respect?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment