Monday, March 9, 2015

Matthew 18


"Jesus said to him, "I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven."  v. 22

Read chapter 18.
Oh forgiveness.  Why is it so hard sometimes?  I realized I struggle with patience which shows that I'm not truly forgiving them even if I say it way my mouth.  It's hard when someones does one thing over and over again to continue to have patience in that area.  But then I think of all the patince God has had and has now with me in repeated sin and what grace, under severed favor, I receive.  Why shouldn't I do the same for others?!  It's so easy to look at the speck in someone else's eye than the plank in my own.  
This verse isn't saying forgive them up to 490 times and then you can stop, but a figure of speech of "always."  Forgiveness is going to look different in every situation whether it's directly to the person or not.  Where's your heart, mind, and attitude in it?  Sometimes it's necessary to verbalize it and other times not.  Keeping this command of forgivenss is a mustard seed of faith that can move mountains!

No comments:

Post a Comment