Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Matthew 26


"Judas, the betrayer, said, 'Surely it is not I, is it, Master?' He said to him, 'You have stated [the fact]." v.25

Read chapter 26.
How more obvious could Jesus be by telling Judas straight up that he was going to be the one to betray him.  You'd think that being called out like that, one would immediately change his ways.  Sometimes I sit in a sin till I get called out by it.  Yea, I may try to justify in the moment but am definitely guilty in my conscious that I turn to do right (by stopping).  This isn't the Lord beating around the bust but a positive affirmation to Judas' question.  I believe this was Jesus giving Judas a chance to turn still.  He wasn't born to betray Jesus as we see in the verse prior (v.24) but he fulfilled the prophesy- if Judas Iscariot didn't do it someone else would've.
What blatant things has God said to you that has or hasn't made you turn from your sinful ways?

No comments:

Post a Comment