Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Leviticus 26

"But if you do not obey Me, and do not observe all these commandments,
and if you despise My statutes, or if your soul abhors My judgments, so that you do not perform all My commandments, but break My covenant,
I also will do this to you:...But if they confess their iniquity and the iniquity of their fathers, with their unfaithfulness in which they were unfaithful to Me, and that they also have walked contrary to Me."  vv. 14-16, 40

Read chapter 26.
The amazing promises of blessings if the Israelites obey God's commandments are followed by various calamities for disobedience.  This isn't just doing something wrong, but has to do with the soul, heart and mind rebelling against God: "despise My statutes" and "soul abhors My judgments." The one condition from escape from these calamities to restoration is confessing their iniquities; confessing that they messed up and that their fathers messed up.  That seems simple enough, easier than having to do some crazy intense work.  Yet, why is that so hard sometimes to admit you messed up?  Pride.  The other crazy thing that confuses me a bit is that they were warned to not rebel or else those calamities would happen yet they did it any way.  Makes me think how we have recorded in scripture of the tribulation time and crazy to think that people will fall to the deception that we're clearly told about.  Yet how often too do we know consequences of our sins yet we still commit them?  What would it take for you to not give in to that sin anymore?

No comments:

Post a Comment