Sunday, May 31, 2015

1 Peter 4

"In regard to these, they think it strange that you do not run with them in the same flood of dissipation, speaking evil of you." v.4

Read chapter 4
It's crazy today if you wait to have sex before you're married.  It's weird if you don't drink alcohol on a regular basis.  It's strange if you don't know all the latest Hollywood gossip or don't know famous actors or musicians.  Crazy that it's strange not to plunge into sin.  Shouldn't it be the other way around?  That those that sin are the weird ones and not those that do good.  Yet that is the flow of this world, against The Way.  I remember when I first became a Christian when I was 17 and still in high school and turned from partying that I had friends that made it their aim to get me to smoke or drink with them, to bring back the old and "fun" (to the world) me.  How sad that this pressure and feeling out of the norm draws believers to dive in to this flood of dissipation, making sin a light thing or not even recognized:/
How have you gone with this flow?  What makes it hard?  

No comments:

Post a Comment