Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Job 39

“The wings of the ostrich wave proudly, But are her wings and pinions like the kindly stork’s?...Because God deprived her of wisdom, And did not endow her with understanding." vv.13,17

Read chapter 39
Ostriches instead run crazy fast up to the rate of 50-60 miles an hour.  The ostriches wings are valuable to man but they cannot fly like the stork's.  They may have many similarities to other birds externally but their demeanor would suggest otherwise.  
One of my biggest fears are birds and it all started when I was living in the mountains at a camp right outside of Georgia one summer.  I swear that an ostrich chased me in the woods one day as I was going back to my cabin.  Everyone says there are no ostriches in Georgia but I don't know what else this giant thing on stilts, a long neck and huge beak ready peck me to pieces could have been.  So at 19 years old this started my fear for birds and now reading these verses about the ostrich reminds me of that day.  She doesn't have wisdom and is mean and beat her children because she's dumb.
Who would not rather have the voice of the nightingale, than the tail of the peacock; the eye of the eagle and her soaring wing, and the natural affection of the stork, than the beautiful feathers of the ostrich, which can never rise above the earth, and is without natural affection?


No comments:

Post a Comment