Thursday, December 24, 2015

Psalm 46

"Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth!" v.10


Read chapter 46
How hard is it to be still?  Not only physically but still in your mind?  I know for me my mind is always over-multitasking, even when I'm sitting this morning reading this psalm and trying to meditate on God's truths I'm thinking of what I have to do for work today, what I want to eat for breakfast, what I want to buy for a birthday present for a friend, etc.  Oh but to be able to still my mind and solely focus on God is a glorious moment; when all else fades and truth is uncovered and the overwhelming feeling of peace in His presence.  Or sometimes your "too busy" to sit down, to stop the to-dos, the activities.  How good it would be if God would tell all men to pause or stop the chaos they are involved in to just be still, reflect, realize the fact that He is God! We need a time to rest both our minds and our bodies and be refueled by God.  When God's speaks forth and all know who He is, all will pause and be in awe of our Great and Mighty God.  He will be exalted by all in the nations and earth, not just in heaven.  Let's learn to be still and stand in awe of Him now before that day (and of course even more then too).  How can you "be still"?

No comments:

Post a Comment