Sunday, August 7, 2016

Exodus 4

"Then Moses answered and said, “But suppose they will not believe me or listen to my voice; suppose they say, ‘The Lord has not appeared to you.’..Then Moses said to the Lord, “O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither before nor since You have spoken to Your servant; but I am slow of speech and slow of tongue"...But he said, “O my Lord, please send by the hand of whomever else You may send.” vv.1, 10, 13

Read chapter 4
Three times Moses doubts his ability to what the Lord had called him. Staring of with "what if..." I always play the what if game instead of trusting in the Lord which reveals my lack of trust in God, not believe Him. The he speaks of his physical unfitness for the job, his insecurities even at the age of 80. How often do we let our own insecurities get in the way of doing the Lord's work and doubting our usefulness? Lately he pleads to have someone else do it, the miracle of bringing out millions of people out of Egypt and slavery. Is he relying on his own strength over God's hand who said He'd do it through Moses? How often do we doubt that we're a useful vessel for the Lord and assume someone else is better cut out for the job? The Lord's anger burns toward Moses yet provides for him in this doubt of himself and the Lord by having his brother Aaron be the mouth of Moses and ultimately of God. God's ways are foolish to man because we loot at the outward appearance. Let us trust God even when we're unsure!

No comments:

Post a Comment