Monday, August 8, 2016

Exodus 6

"God also said to Moses, “I am the Lord. I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac and to Jacob as God Almighty, but by my name the Lord I did not make myself fully known to them." vv.2-3

Read chapter 6
Whenever you see capital letters L.O.R.D. in the Old Testament it's the name Yahweh. Yahweh was there in the beginning, Genesis 1. In this verse alone we see God is Yahweh, connected to the name I AM. Yahweh or Jehovah shows the character of the God of relationship. The intimacy between God and His people. The Patriarchs Abraham, Isaac and Jacob knew God as God Almighty or the all-sufficient one but they didn't live to see the accomplishment of His promises, not experiencing all the powers in His hand he would display over nature. We see Jesus in the New Testament fulfill prophesies and truths of who Jehovah is. Jesus is Jehovah. And how great that we can have an intimate relationship with Jehovah. Do you know God intimately?

No comments:

Post a Comment