Tuesday, April 4, 2017

3 John

I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. v.4

Read 3 John (only one chapter)
Now we have a letter from John to his friend Gaius.  It’s a letter of encouragement to his friend.  How sweet and good it is to give encouragement to friends as well as receive it too.  I know I love it and am fully of joy when I get random snail mail or messages from friends when I’m least expecting it but most need it.  Well one of my favorite verses in all of scripture comes from this short letter and that is verse four.  John is saying what brings him the most joy more than anything else in the world is to hear that his children are walking in truth.  His most joy isn't at a party with friends and family or isn't when he’s fishing down by the river, but when others are living for Christ who is truth.  We can be sure God our Father is in agreement with this as he inspired John in this letter, that God has no greater joy than to hear that we are walking in truth.

So one, send a friend a random letter or message of encouragement today.  Secondly, which truths are you going to choose to walk in today to bring your Father joy?

No comments:

Post a Comment