Friday, September 2, 2016

Exodus 33

So the Lord spoke to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend... And he said, “Please, show me Your glory.” Then He said, “I will make all My goodness pass before you, and I will proclaim the name of the Lord before you. I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.”  But He said, “You cannot see My face; for no man shall see Me, and live.”  vv.11,18-20

Read chapter 33
Oh the intimacy Moses had with God!  The relationship proves so much more important than the corporate body of believers.  Face-to-face is obviously a metaphor since He later says that Moses can't see His face and live.  But their conversations were as talking to a friend.  Is your relationship with the Lord like a best friend or better?  If not, why?  It's hard to imagine or grasp what God looks like.  yes we know Jesus is they image of the invisible God and how we see Jesus appear to men in the Old testament before He was born as a baby, but why here is it different?  Perhaps all God's glory cannot be grasped by man, that it is so much more than we can imagine, that we can't fathom or bare and why we could not live.

No comments:

Post a Comment