Saturday, September 17, 2016

Psalm 97

You who love the Lord, hate evil! v.10

Read chapter 97
It's easy to hate evil when you hear of rape or murder or abuse.  But do you hate evil when it's your own sin?  Sin is enticing and seems beneficial or good for a time, if it wasn't no one would do it.  How often I've sat in my own sin because I didn't hate my sin, I liked it too much and didn't want to give whatever it was up.  Yet I love the Lord and knew I couldn't and didn't want to live a hypocritical life.  I prayed to the Lord to help me hate evil, to hate my own sin.  Only then could I truly give it up, let go of it because I learned to hate it.  We ought not to just avoid evil, but be furious against it. The Lord hates evil and we have to learn to hate what He hates just as much as to love what He loves.  Verse ten goes on to say He preserves the souls of His saints.  We don't need to be afraid of hating those that do evil for the Lord will save our souls.
What sins in your life do you need to learn to hate?  What evil in the world do you just avoid and how can you be up in arms about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment