Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Psalm 101

I will set nothing wicked before my eyes;
I hate the work of those who fall away;
It shall not cling to me. v.3


Read chapter 101
Setting no vile thing before our eyes is a hard thing to do, but must be diligent in it.  Almost everyone on TV or in movies is corrupt in some form, yet how often do people watch sin and not be offered or shocked at vileness.  Or the lust of our eyes cause us to sin.  How even just looking at something that is a stumbling block leads to follow in our actions.  Wickedness constantly before our eyes cause us to belittle the great harm sin is.
Hate the sin not the sinner.  Notice it says "the work" I hate, not that man.  "They" referring to the deeds will not cling to me, in other words I won't enjoy the sin of others, or even put up with the sin.  How often do we just close our eyes or ears to others sins or just look the other way?  Yet David, the psalmist, is saying he will hate others sins, not just put up with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment