Sunday, December 25, 2016

Philippians 4

 Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: v.11

Read chapter 4
CONTENTMENT.  This is something I crave more of in my life, in all areas of my life.  To truly be joyful always isn't just having a smile face on at all times, but being content with where the Lord has you.  And the only way to be content, especially in those hard times, is through Christ who strengths me (v.13).  When Paul wrote this he compares the different situations he's been in both good and bad and the constant thought everything was and is Christ.  So stop the worrying, stop the anxiety, stop the comparison and ask God to show you His will no matter what state you're in.
What stops you from being content in any situation?  Which situations are harder than others?

No comments:

Post a Comment