Sunday, June 25, 2017

1 Corinthians 10

No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it. v.13

Read chapter
This was one of the first bible verses I ever memorized when I was a senior in high school.  I struggled with temptation in a lot of things and one of my leaders gave me this verse to cling to and find truth in beating the lie that I can't overcome.  Every time I was in a situation where I was tempted, I started looking for a way out and would always find it!  Now there were a lot of times I saw the way out but chose not to take it giving in to temptation instead, but that was my choice not God's doing.  True are the words of Warren Wiersbe in his book Be Wise: 
"The believer who thinks he can stand may fall; but the believer who flees will be able to stand."
God doesn't let us be tempted beyond what we can bear, notice this doesn't say God doesn't  make you experience something you can't bear.  For example, many people say God doesn't give you something you can't bear when a mother's son dies.  That has nothing to do with temptation of what Paul is talking about here.  What are situations of temptation that you feel like you can't overcome?  Start looking for the way out that God provides.  It may not be running from that temptation but a way you "may be able to bear it."

No comments:

Post a Comment