Tuesday, July 4, 2017

2 Corinthians 3

Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God v.5

Read chapter 3
What do you trust yourself for not needing God's help?  The Corinthians seemed to have trusted a lot in their own sufficiency of any great rewards they received.  Yet Paul reminds them that it is not anything that they did on their own but that it's from God.  Their sufficiency was from God to be successful ministers of the gospel.  Even Paul, who had much to find his adequacy in (due to his background), only boasted in his competency from Christ.  As I begin a journey in a new ministry where I get to love on other women through the gospel, I'm humbled by the fact that I cant do it on my own strength.  In order to raise sufficient funds, in order to speak perfect Spanish (I'm a Spanish Coordinator for a Women's ministry), in order to boldly share Christ's love with strangers I'm overwhelmed at people thinking I'm the best fit for the job that I have to rely on my strength to meet that high standard.  But as I am confident the path the Lord has directed me on, I rely on Him to be my sufficiency and not of myself.  Why would it be good for you to know that your competency is from God and not yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment