Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Romans 16

For your obedience has become known to all. Therefore I am glad on your behalf; but I want you to be wise in what is good, and simple concerning evil. v.19

Read chapter 16
"Romans" 
"What what"
"16"
"What what"
"19 says..."
"Be excellent at what is good, be innocent of evil"

Ok try picturing a group of teenage girls chanting this at summer camp, that's what I think of every time I read this verse as well does it often pop into my mind.  And it's such good truth and practicality.  Be wise in what is good, know and discern to choose what is best, get a lot of this.  And be simple concerning evil.  This doesn't mean ignorant of evil, but knowing just enough to avoid it.  I'm sure there's many evil things we all wish we didn't know so much about.  Sometimes firsthand knowledge of evil has led to something you wish you never experienced.  What might that be for you?  How can you become excellent at what is good and innocent of evil?  When you live this out, your obedience in what and who you believe in is obvious to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment