Saturday, January 27, 2018

Song of Solomon 4

You have ravished my heart,
My sister, my spouse;
You have ravished my heart
With one look of your eyes,
With one link of your necklace. v.9


Read chapter 4
Love at first sight.  I wonder if it's really true.  How sweet it is when we hear a man say the first time he saw his wife he knew she was the one.  Here we read the words of the beloved country boy speaking about his soon to be wife.  He says by just one look of her eyes and one link of her necklace he has become ravished in his heart.  He may have known her his whole life growing up in a little country town outside Jerusalem, yet is still in awe of her beauty and character and the fact that she's his.  Just one look by her and he's taken.  Whether you have someone like that in your life, remember you can be that to someone too.  Not just in a romantic love kind of way, but in a friendly kind of way.  A quote I read once goes something like this:
One smile can start a friendship,
One word can end a fight,
One look can save a relationship, 
One person can change your life.

What's one thing you can do today to impact someone's life?

No comments:

Post a Comment