Thursday, April 23, 2015

Psalm 35

"They reward me evil for good, to the sorrow of my soul.
13 But as for me, when they were sick, my clothing was sackcloth; I humbled myself with fasting; and my prayer would return to my own heart." vv.12-13


Read chapter 35.
How often do you get down when you do something good for someone and don't receive the favor back?  Or even worse that they do something horrible to you, not necessarily as in return, but just because?  This is what David seems to be struggling with.  Not that he did something good so he could get something good out of it, but the deceitfulness in those relationships that he cared about didn't care about him.  It seems that David is referencing people close to him that became like enemies and not just anyone who hated David or nation of Israel, as we see his actions both in this verse and the following "I paced about as though he were my friend or brother."  Although David is sorrowful in his soul, he leans on God his sadness, prayer and praise knowing that The Lord will "favor his righteous cause" (v.27).  When has something like this happened to you?  How did you respond?  Have those relationships been rekindled?  How can you let the Lord be your praise through situations like these?

No comments:

Post a Comment