Monday, April 27, 2015

Psalm 40

"I waited patiently for the Lord;
And He inclined to me,
And heard my cry.
He also brought me up out of a horrible pit,
Out of the miry clay,
And set my feet upon a rock,
And established my steps.
He has put a new song in my mouth—
Praise to our God;
Many will see it and fear,
And will trust in the Lord."  vv.1-3


Read chapter 40.
This is one of my favorite psalms as these verses were given to me when I first became a believer after a bad accident.  Although this psalm is David talking about what was going on in his life with the Lord, it is true of us and God's promise.  David's promise was that he'd be king and waited patiently as Saul and other enemies appeared to stand in the way of that.  God founded him as king, "set his feet upon a rock,"  as he waited and cried out to the Lord.  The mess of sin that entangles, the horrible pit, the miry clay God saved David from is also what God saved us from too when we were stuck in a pit of sin that we could not get out of on our own.  We may not be established as kings yet but He has put a new song in us.  All have been saved by God out of their pit know this song and praise to God and He is continually our song of praise.  Many who see this transforming in life of a believer come to revere and fear the One True God.  Is the song of praise to God playing right now in your life?  Why or why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment