Saturday, October 29, 2016

Psalm 138

"Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You will revive me...The Lord will perfect that which concerns me." vv.7-8

Read chapter 138
To be reminded of this hope, that when I walk in the midst of trouble, God will revive me.  This is exactly what I need to hear today as I feel like I'm stuck in the midst of trouble.  God's the only one that can revive my exhausted, burnout soul of this battle I'm having to be in charge of.  Charles Spurgeon says, "When we are somewhat in trouble it is bad enough, but it is worse to penetrate into the centre of that dark continent and traverse its midst: yet in such a case the believer makes progress, for he walks; he keeps to a quiet pace, for he does no more than walk; and he is not without the best of company, for his God is near to pour fresh life into him." The Lord cares for that which concerns us, everything in our life concerns us, therefore the Lord cares for everything in our lives.  He will perfect it according to His will.  Just as Philippians 1:6 says, "being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;" so the Lord will complete, or in other words perfect, you.  Might not be until the day Jesus returns that we see this perfection but in the midst of trouble we can have that hope that the Lord will see us through.
How do you need to be reminded that the Lord will revive you?

No comments:

Post a Comment