Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Psalm 13

How long, O Lord? Will You forget me forever?
How long will You hide Your face from me?...

But I have trusted in Your mercy;
My heart shall rejoice in Your salvation. vv.1,5
Read chapter 13
This psalm is one of my favorite songs by Shane & Shane (musicians).  I cant help but sing it as I read through the whole psalm, which is somewhat fitting since verse six says "I will sing to the Lord."  This psalm is a short prayer of David, yet still very powerful.  He hits three main areas: 
1.  his sadness of feeling forsaken
2.  his request for deliverance
3.  a confession and praise to the Lord
I love seeing these things in a prayer.  It's okay to be real and honest with the Lord in your frustration and not try to make it seem like yo have it all together.  He also wants us to ask, it may not be answered how we want but He hears.  And to praise Him for what amazing things He has done and that alone should cause us to rejoice and trust in His unfailing love.  What are your prayers like?  There's no right or wrong way to pray, but are they relation?  Are they just a show?  Are you honest and open?  Spend time now in prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment