Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Psalm 27

When You said, “Seek My face,”
My heart said to You, “Your face, Lord, I will seek.” v.8


Read chapter 27
This is a command, a command with a promise.  The command to seek Him and the proime that they shall find Him.  To seek is to search out intently.  I think of the game Hide and Go Seek, a game every kid loves and when the person doing the seeking finds someone it's like the best moment ever.  They shout for joy, their pride is boasted that they found him/her all on their own.  So too the joy when seeking out the Lord, there's fear and unknown as to where or what you're seeking but when a treasure or truth is found it's over flowing joy!  This command and response between the Lord and David is how we should respond too.  When God says something our response should be yes with the same words/idea that God said.  God says, "Seek my face," we say, "Your face I'll seek."  God says, "I'm the way, the truth, and the life," we say, "Yes Lord I do believe you are the only way, the only truth, and the only life."  May we always respond this way to God.  Do you seek God earnestly as seeking in a game to find the prize?  How does that look?

No comments:

Post a Comment