Sunday, February 18, 2018

Psalm 18

For You will light my lamp;
The Lord my God will enlighten my darkness.
29 For by You I can run against a troop,
By my God I can leap over a wall.
30 As for God, His way is perfect;
The word of the Lord is proven;
He is a shield to all who trust in Him. vv.28-30


Read chapter 18
This psalm is also the whole of chapter 22 in 2nd Samuel of the song David sang after the Lord delivered him from his enemies and from the hand of Saul.  In these verses 28-30 it made me think of all the super heroes that my roommate loves.  And surely God can make us super heroes if He wants, like one man running against and breaking through a troop (like Samson against the whole Philistine arm), or leaping over a wall with one simple step.  This wall isn't just a hurdle in the way but instead a high wall of a fortified city David's referring to here.  But the other cool super hero power He gives us is light!  This is not just some boring super power but the best.  Light is Jesus, darkness is sin.  When we were without Jesus we were lost in the darkness of the world and when He lit our lamp by giving us Jesus it gave us joy and hope and salvation, something any super hero is lost without.  And just like all super hero's have some type of outfit/costume/symbol, ours is the armor of God-"the shield to all who trust in Him."
So what "superpowers" has God given you?  What superpower would you want if you could pick one?

No comments:

Post a Comment