Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Psalm 7

Lord my God, if I have done this:
If there is iniquity in my hands...The Lord shall judge the peoples;

Judge me, O Lord, according to my righteousness,
And according to my integrity within me. vv.3,8

Read chapter 7
This psalm is about the innocent accused.  Cush the Benjamite is accusing David of a treacherous act deserving of death.  By David's prayer we know that this isn't just a wrong accusation but a plot.  David first pleads with the Lord that he's innocent.  When men can't tell, God always knows.  Many times men do guilty acts of sin that should result in a just punishment.  David's adultery with Bathsheba is one example where in his prayer he admits guilty and repentance.  Yet here he is innocent.  We don't have this account recorded in scripture yet it seems in David's integrity that one, he went to God first with his plea and two, that he didn't make a public spectacle of justifying himself, but trust in in God to carry out judgment.  When do you see the innocent accused for someone else's means?  Have you been accused os something you didn't do and how'd you respond?

No comments:

Post a Comment