Sunday, February 25, 2018

Psalm 25

Remember, O Lord, Your tender mercies and Your lovingkindnesses,
For they are from of old.
Do not remember the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions;
According to Your mercy remember me,
For Your goodness’ sake, O Lord.  vv.6-7


Read chapter 25
David uses the word remember to call to mind and act upon.  Oh how often I wish I'd forget past sins, the ones I know I'm forgiven from but still haunt me or come to mind at random times.  We can't necessarily do this but God can.  God can chose what He wants to remember and not.  Here David is asking God to remember His mercies of old- His mercy He had since the beginning on Adam and Eve and throughout many generations of the tribe of Israel.  He's also asking God to gorget his sins.  If He didn't He'd have to act on them as the Just God that He is.  Praise the Lord that through Jesus Christ we've been forgiven ALL our sins.  Yes some have baggage/repercussions that still comes with them in this life and we will all face the judgement seat, but in His mercy, lovingkindness and goodness we are FORGIVEN!  What sin do you wish to forget?  Do you feel free and forgiven from it?  Why or why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment