Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Proverbs 12



Anxiety in the heart of man causes depression,
But a good word makes it glad. v.25


Read chapter 12

Oh how often a simple encouraging word changes my mood from sad to happy. I am one to be anxious very easily, about the smallest things. I recite often Philippians 2 about being anxious for nothing but in everything by prayer and petition present my requests to God. When I don't pray about things that I'm worried about my anxiety turns in to a depression that has physical effects on me like sleep loss, gut issues, grey hair (at least that's my excuse), loss of energy. It's in those moments of whatever I'm anxious about I just want someone to tell me what to do and often when that good word comes it drives away that anxiety. Even if I don't have someone to encourage me about whatever the matter, when I seek and find a verse or passage in scripture it's even more powerful and makes my heart glad.

What anxiety are you struggling with right now? Search for a verse or two in the Bible to meditate on and let its good word make your heart glad. How can you speak a good word to someone you know that is struggling with depression?

No comments:

Post a Comment