Saturday, February 7, 2015

Genesis 33

"But Esau ran to meet him, and embraced him, and fell on his neck and kissed him, and they wept." v.4

Read chapter 33.
Instead of Esau's revenge on his brother Jacob, Esau welcomed him with love and joy.  So many hearts had past since they deceitful incident and, although probably not forgotten, he  was forgiven.  Jacob's fear of meeting his brother for the first time led him to humble himself and offer a huge gift to him in hopes to earn forgiveness.  Yet what we see here with Esau's encounter, none of that mattered; what was missed most was that brotherly love, family, friend.  I love the picture of Esau running out to Jacob and embracing him with hugs and kisses.  I was gone from my dog for 12 days and when I came back she knocked me to the ground smothering me with dog kisses and jumping for excitement.  I felt so love sand that was just a dog.  Humans should do that more often with our real feelings inside.  What is holding you back from forgiving or asking for forgiveness?  When have you felt this joy of love, either  shown you or given to someone?

No comments:

Post a Comment