Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Matthew 5

"But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you," v.44

Read chapter 5.
Gall is this verse hard sometimes, actually all the time, but when actually played out it's amazing!  Our hearts seem to soften for them, we understand God's grace with us as we should with others.  I never noticed the part before about those who 'spitefully use you' but wow do I notice that and get angry at them in my heart without saying anything when I feel like people only hangout with me if there's some benefit to them.  I get more insecure then trying to pray for them in their insecurities!  So great too that in this way is how Christians can preach the gospel "not just in words and tongue but in actions and in truth" (1 John 3:18).  Are some of your enemies people your closest to?  How can you bless and love them with actions and in truth?

No comments:

Post a Comment