Friday, February 13, 2015

Genesis 44

"Also put my cup, the silver cup, in the mouth of the sack of the youngest, and his grain money.” So he did according to the word that Joseph had spoken...With whomever of your servants it is found, let him die, and we also will be my lord’s slaves.” vv.2,9

Read chapter 44.
Joseph continues to test the character of his brothers by scheming this plan of getting Benjamin, the youngest brother, caught with the punishment of death.  They pass the test as Judah again stands in the place of Benjamin just as he told his father Jacob.  Sometimes it's easy to make an oath or vow, but then when ia situation arises many are quick to respond otherwise.  Yet the brothers had changed and become more steadfast in their commitments, obeying their father and ultimately following the will of God.  I have as a supervisor wanted to put to test my employees without them knowing it to see their true service and also check myself as to how I'd act/respond and practice what I preach.  When have you been put to the test without having known and realized you passed?  And when you've failed?

No comments:

Post a Comment