Monday, November 14, 2016

Nehemiah 1



So it was, when I heard these words, that I sat down and wept, and mourned for many days; I was fasting and praying before the God of heaven. v.4


Read chapter 1

I love the song "Hosanna" because of the line "break my heart for what breaks yours." Nehemiah lived that. His heart broke for what broke God's heart. It wasn't just mourning for a personal situation going on in his own life but because of the walls of Jerusalem broken down and the city nothing. God hates sin. So many sins are so common today that we view them ok and normal but we shouldn't lessen this. Can we say like Nehemiah that we're sad and mournful for the brokenness around us? What are sins you've grown numb to? What does it look like to have a broken heart for what breaks God's?

No comments:

Post a Comment