Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Psalm 142

Look on my right hand and see,
For there is no one who acknowledges me;
Refuge has failed me;
No one cares for my soul. v.4


Read chapter 142
How often have you felt this cry?  No one acknowledging you or seems like no one cares for your soul?  This psalm is a prayer of David when he was hiding in a cave from Saul, a crazed insane king, who was trying to kill him.  We know that there were some men (400) that followed David during this time, but sometimes when you're in a place of being bullied or facing a difficult situation you can feel all alone with no one seeming to care.  And there may be situations when this is literally true in some people's lives.  There are those that do care, even in the deepest pit of emotions or situations we are in, but the enemy likes to make us think it's not true.  We all want to be acknowledged and felt cared for and we may seek that more from someone that doesn't show it to us than those that do.  And when we don't get that attention we become in bondage to that person of what they say or don't say.  In verse seven David's prayer goes on to say, "Bring my soul out of prison that I may praise your name."  Nancy DeMoss Walgamuth comments, "That's the objective. It's not about me; it's not about my feelings. It's not about me being loved. Ultimately, it's about being able to praise God, to bring Him glory, to reflect His love to our world." 
If you had the affirmation and blessing of every single person in the world, do you think you'd finally feel cared for?  If that were true, it still would mean diddly squat compared to the care and affirmation God has for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment