Thursday, November 3, 2016

Psalm 143

Answer me speedily, O Lord;
My spirit fails!
Do not hide Your face from me,
Lest I be like those who go down into the pit.
Cause me to hear Your lovingkindness in the morning,
For in You do I trust;
Cause me to know the way in which I should walk,
For I lift up my soul to You. vv.7-8


Read chapter 143
Oh how fast do we desire the Lord's answer to our prayers, especially when there seems like a deadline to them.   Here David's life is in jeopardy that he will die soon, no argument to ask for speed when it comes to life and death.  When one is facing near death the cry to the Lord is ever more real (even to those who may never have believed), yet even David knew that death was a separation from God where he would no longer be able to seek God's face.  David was pleading to last through the night that he here God's lovingkindness in the morning.  He was desiring life still, knowing that death didn't lead to heaven yet but to sheol (the pit where all go) where there is no work, no praise, no consciousness.  There is but one voice that can cheer and revive the spirit of man, and that is hearing God's lovingkindness.  
My favorite time of the day is morning. "A sense of divine love is to the soul both dawn and dew." I've been a morning person all my life but what I've come to love about it is the quietness while everyone is still sleeping and I can sit alone with God with no one else causing distractions.  It starts my day off with God, a springboard in to whatever the day may hold.  I know not everyone is a morning person, yet the Lord seems to repeat throughout the scriptures that serene time with Him in the morning.  To ask the way in which we should walk each day is what we should seek each day no matter how mundane or crazy the day may be.
How can you protect your time with the Lord at whatever time of day it may be for you?  

No comments:

Post a Comment