Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Isaiah 65

“I was sought by those who did not ask for Me;
I was found by those who did not seek Me.
I said, ‘Here I am, here I am,’
To a nation that was not called by My name...It shall come to pass

That before they call, I will answer;
And while they are still speaking, I will hear." vv.1,24


Read chapter 65
How cool that God is there before we realize it!  He's there before we start seeking Him, He's there before we call His name, He's listening to our hearts and minds before we understand them ourselves.
This chapter is a glorious picture of the future order, the Judgment and the New Heavens and New Earth!  And it's not just for Israel, God's chosen people, but for those that did not ask or seek Him through a covenant but knew there had to be something more.  Pictures of how those forsook God and turned to idols will be shamed.  Pictures of living far beyond years that we can't grasp, of wild beast dwelling with other beasts, no weeping, no hurt.
The Lord knows what you need before you ask.  The Lord listens and responds to your prayers.  Are you seeking after the One you do not know?  Are you still seeking the One you do know?

No comments:

Post a Comment