Monday, August 24, 2015

Job 20

"Because he knows no quietness in his heart,
He will not save anything he desires.
21 Nothing is left for him to eat;
Therefore his well-being will not last.
22 In his self-sufficiency he will be in distress;
Every hand of misery will come against him." vv.20-22


Read chapter 20
The evil man is never at rest in his soul, mind, heart.  It's a display of restless insatiable greediness, never satisfied by short term desires.  He must continually keep busy to distract himself from the truth.  Truth of who God is, truth that he's a sinner in need of a savior, truth that he is not happy, truth that there is more to life.  One thing that is hard for me in this new relationship I'm in is my self-sufficiency.  I have been single most my life and have learned to be an independent, self-sufficient woman.  Yet I have seen how it's made me struggle with selfishness in certain areas of my life.  It easy to put others first in some situations but in all situations is a whole other story.  To learn to depend on others is a whole new satisfaction and more meaningful than to think I have it all together and don't need help.  I desire to learn the freedom and benefit it is to think of someone else always before myself and the need I have to allow someone else to fill. 
So what have you allowed to be a distraction in your life to not face Christ's truth?  What  part of the spectrum of self-sufficiency are you on?

No comments:

Post a Comment