Saturday, August 8, 2015

Job 3

"For the thing I greatly feared has come upon me,
And what I dreaded has happened to me.
26 I am not at ease, nor am I quiet;
I have no rest, for trouble comes." vv.25-26


Read chapter 3
This chapter is Job's words as he regrets his ever being born.  These are types of thoughts that lead to suicide, wondering if the world would be better if never born and lived, or the hurt in the soul and body of a person is too heavy to bear that they'd be better off dead to not have the pain anymore.  Job says the thing he's greatly feared has come upon him and what he's dreaded has happened.  Out of all the things we read about in chapters one and two of what happened to Job to his possessions, his family and his physical body, which do you think is the thing that he feared the most?  Which would be the hardest for you?  
We still notice that Job doesn't curse God, but that doesn't mean he's happy by any means.  He's not at ease, not restful.  "For trouble comes" show of the rapid and intensity of his sorrows and we'll continue to read how he lives on from here.  So how do you respond in sorrow?  Have you ever doubted why you were born?  And what then has comforted or encouraged you?

No comments:

Post a Comment