Sunday, August 30, 2015

Job 29

"Oh, that I were as in months past,
As in the days when God watched over me;
When His lamp shone upon my head,
And when by His light I walked through darkness;
Just as I was in the days of my prime,
When the friendly counsel of God was over my tent;" vv.1-3


Read chapter 29
How often do we look back and life and wish it still were like the good ole days?  Solomon warns: "Do not say, 'Why were the former days better than these?' For you do not inquire wisely concerning this" Ecc. 7:10. Yet sometimes we don't realize that those good ole days for us weren't so good for others during that time.  Like little kids that had a great childhood and then seemed like all of the sudden their parents got divorced.  Something was hidden to the kids or were in their own ignorance.  Perhaps this could be said of Job; something that he's never realized and is now facing to understand what whirlwind is going on.  Throughout this chapter Job recounts his past happiness as he was famous throughout the world because of his words, deeds, presence among others.  Yet did this become his pride or his way of pleasing man than God?  What do you miss from days of old?  How can you live today to be just as pleasing?

No comments:

Post a Comment