Monday, August 31, 2015

Job 30

"I go about mourning, but not in the sun;
I stand up in the assembly and cry out for help.
29 I am a brother of jackals,
And a companion of ostriches.
30 My skin grows black and falls from me;" vv. 28-30


Read chapter 30
Interesting that Job says he goes about mourning but not in the sun yet his skin is black and falls from him; it's not just a really bad sunburn that he's darkened but due to his disease.  He stands in the assembly in front of all men and not in secret to cry for help.  How sad and true it is when people blatantly cry out for help yet none reach out.  How hard too though is it to stand in front of many and ask for help.  This may have seemed pitiable for Job to have done and still does not get the response he hoped for.  Only those that will listen to him are wild beasts: jackals and ostriches.  One of my biggest fears are birds, ostriches being the number one bird I'm afraid of, so I would hate this of my biggest fear being my only comforter.  Both these animals have a melancholy cry that probably represented to Job his own bitter cry.  When have you been bold to cry or reach out for help and not received that help you hoped for?  

No comments:

Post a Comment