Friday, August 21, 2015

Job 16

"I also could speak as you do,
If your soul were in my soul’s place.
I could heap up words against you,
And shake my head at you...O earth, do not cover my blood,

And let my cry have no resting place!" vv.4, 18

Read chapter 16
Job speaking again now against his friends' words. His complaint is that if they were in each others shoes it'd be a different story and wanting them to try to place themselves in Job's shoes.  It's good to try to step back and look at the picture if you were in another man's shoes, how would you respond? What would you want in their situation? Etc.  But Job's response is rude to them as in retaliation and also a little prideful in that he thinks he would have the correct and perfect words (v.5)
Towards the end of the chapter it seems as if Job wants others to know he's suffering that his blood is not covered up and his cry is continually being heard.  How often do we do that of wanting others to have pity on us so we make known our sufferings and maybe even embellish them?

No comments:

Post a Comment