Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Psalm 86

"Show me a sign for good,
That those who hate me may see it and be ashamed,
Because You, Lord, have helped me and comforted me." v.17


Read chapter 86
I want to be a reflection of Christ, that all my actions are reflecting Jesus.  Also by grace and mercy that God has shown me in my days that that would cause others to ponder on the Lord.  That this would be a sign for good, a sign others would turn to the Living God and fear Him.  When we rejoice through trials because of the hope and promise we have in Christ usually makes the wicked even more mad.  Not that just one man does this but that many Christians show this in their daily lives.   Those whom God protect and comforts he "makes them not merely safe but joyful. This makes the foes of the righteous exceedingly displeased, but it brings to the Lord double honor" (Spurgeon). 
When have you seen others amazed at God's favor to and through someone that has caused them to be ashamed and turn to the Lord?

No comments:

Post a Comment