Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Isaiah 43

“You are My witnesses,” says the Lord,
“And My servant whom I have chosen,
That you may know and believe Me,
And understand that I am He.
Before Me there was no God formed,
Nor shall there be after Me.
11 I, even I, am the Lord,
And besides Me there is no savior." vv.10-11


Read chapter 43
Another Jehovah is Jesus verse!  Again, all caps LORD is Jehovah in the Hebrew.  From John 14:6 Jesus says He is THE way, THE truth, and THE life.  NO one comes to the Father except through Him.  So these verse either contradict each other since there can't be two saviors or that they're speaking of the same God with different names.  Jesus is the Jehovah of the Old Testament!  "I am He" --> the past, present and future are as one.  No god was formed before or after Him as He is eternal and doesn't have a beginning or end.  Formed also implies idols.  Isaiah here is proving the Godhead of Jehovah.  Is Jesus your ONE and ONLY savior?

No comments:

Post a Comment