Friday, July 24, 2015

Isaiah 54

“Do not fear, for you will not be ashamed;
Neither be disgraced, for you will not be put to shame;
For you will forget the shame of your youth,
And will not remember the reproach of your widowhood anymore." v.4


Read chapter 54
Oh how I wish I could forget a lot of sins and bondage from my past.  I mean to not even recall or visualize it in my mind the shame of my past.  Praise the Lord that in the future kingdom of His our shameful memories will be forgotten!  It's hard to say or know what we'll remember of our life during this time, and I believe we will to an extent to remember the Lord's ultimate act of grace to the world and what it was like when sin was working in all men. 
Specifically here the “shame of thy youth,” was the Egyptian bondage, from which Jehovah chose Israel to be His bride (Jeremiah 3:1-11Ezekiel 16:1-14) and the “reproach of widowhood” was the captivity in Babylon.  Understanding and accepting God's grace and forgiveness wipes away shame and reproach.
What is shame or reproach of your past that you haven't accepted the Lord's grace and forgiveness to be free from and remember no more?

No comments:

Post a Comment