Thursday, July 16, 2015

Isaiah 46


"Calling a bird of prey from the east,
The man who executes My counsel, from a far country.
Indeed I have spoken it;
I will also bring it to pass.
I have purposed it;
I will also do it." v.11


Read chapter 46
God's word is sure.  There's no doubting what He has said.  Some of His words are contingent on man's free will (ex. If you do not obey me, then...).  Here He's specifically talking about Babylon - "from the east...a bird of prey."  God brought the punishment of Israel into captivity by Babylon because of the disobedient men.  I twas a sure thing that was to happen.  Throughout the different kingly reigns of Israel it's prophesied and even seemed to  keep being pushed back to when it would actually happen based on repentance and response to God's words, but was still to come.  We also see the example of God telling Adam and Eve that when they sin they will die.  Yet they didn't drop dead right away, but death began to work in them and then some 900 years later they actually died, returning to the dust.  His word is sure not only in punishment but in sure hopes and blessings.  The Israelites would be brought out of captivity, a remnant, not to be blotted out forever.  Jesus said He will return.  What is something God has clearly said (that He will do or told you) that you need to  be reminded of?

No comments:

Post a Comment