Monday, July 20, 2015

Isaiah 50

"“The Lord God has given Me
The tongue of the learned,
That I should know how to speak
A word in season to him who is weary.
He awakens Me morning by morning,
He awakens My ear
To hear as the learned.
The Lord God has opened My ear;
And I was not rebellious,
Nor did I turn away.
I gave My back to those who struck Me,
And My cheeks to those who plucked out the beard;
I did not hide My face from shame and spitting." vv.4-6


Read chapter 50
Can you imagine how painful it would be to have your beard plucked out?  Yea as I woman I don't have a beard but waxing my legs isn't a very fun feeling by any means.  Yet this is how Isaiah was treated having his beard plucked out and spat upon.  He endured all this for God. God had revealed to him prophesies and he couldn't hold back from what he learned.  God gave him wisdom, encouragement, endurance, understanding of His word and what was going on around him and in-front of him.  With all this he could only strive after God more and carry out his commission.  As I grow in my walk with the Lord the less and less I'm afraid to be bold for Him.  Oh how I desire wisdom, encouragement, endurance, understanding from God every day to face every situation; that He's the one that awakens me and no physical or emotional beating would ever change that.  What characteristic described of what the Lord had given Isaiah, do you desire most today?

No comments:

Post a Comment